Monday, June 25, 2007

Update

My departure date is set for September 4th. I fly to London (thanks Mark) and leave for Nairobi the following day via British Air. My return flights are set for March 5th - assuming all goes well. Nyumbani is agreeable and will send a car for me in September! I can't wait. My sons are coming soon to take some of the downstairs furniture and my daughter will take some of the upstairs stuff. That helps a lot. Still praying for sale of the condo.

I found a PDF file that explains a little more about activities in the Nyumbani Village in Kitui. If you get time - check out NYUMBANI VILLAGE. It is about 17 pages and has some newspaper articles attached.

I have been reading more. Fred gave me a book - Peace Pilgrim - which has been great for me. I am also getting through Ron Rolheiser's Holy Longing and have started trying to follow a more structured regiment of morning and evening prayer using The Glenstal Book of Benedictine Prayer (Thanks J!). All of these have been great for me and help fill in the absence of Cable TV!