Friday, June 22, 2007

Great Days

And so the days at work are winding down. I go in less frequently and don't stay as long. Quite frankly, there isn't that much to do. Any decisions to be made are now out of my hands. There is a sense of relief in that and these days have been nothing but stress free. I do feel a bit as though I am abandoning ship but I know that the place is in good hands and it is now left to others to carry on and move things forward. That gives me great hope and satisfaction.


Speaking of cutting ties - I cut the cable and have no more TV - at least no more TV which I can see clearly! Another expense I can't afford don't need. I have books given me as gifts or which I bought and haven't read. Now is the time. I went through things again, clothes, junk. It is amazing how I am getting freer to pitch things, that two months ago I decided to hold on to. Everything is whittling down to some plastic bins. The kids are all moving to new places and can take the furniture etc. The other stuff may go at a yard sale down the line or store some at mom's.


I also got my last shot. This one is the second in a series of three for Hepatitis A and B. That is about it. The only thing left would be to start taking pills for malaria a couple of weeks before I go. I am looking into new health insurance. I am old enough for AARP! I also need to looking into travelers insurance since AARP doesn't go international.



The school opened in Kitui and I wrote to Jeremy Hunt, a Member of Parliament in the UK. His foundation, Hotcourses, was instrumental in getting the school in Kitui operational. He wrote a kind email back and I look forward to meeting him on one of his many visits to Kitui and the new school. It amazes me how small the world is becoming. So many connections are able to be made world-wide. I remain grateful.

I am also still looking into a Blackberry - if I can afford it. This would enable me to email home. The only issue remains recharging. We shall see.