Wednesday, March 14, 2007

White smoke

Eleven days and counting until I fly out of CVG to London. There is so much left to do and only a couple of weekends to get things together. I was given a list of things to take with me to Nairobi by St. E Business Clinic - things like mosquito netting, a prescription for Cipro that I need to get filled in case of any infection or sickness, insect repellent, and basic over the counter meds like Tylenol or Pepto. The rest is mainly clothes and paper work. I can't tell you how excited I am to be going and check things out. I am feeling more at peace now that my successor has been named at work. The place will be in great hands and I couldn't be more confident in the choice.

There is a bit of distancing, on my part, going on at work. Some of the problems I encounter are seen as short term and any bigger issues for next year have to be left to the decisions of others. I have to let go. Funny, letting go has become a theme and it has worked out amazingly. Things have fallen into place. That is why I am so convinced that I am on the right path . . .if one can ever be sure. I rely on Merton's prayer"

"But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it."

Lent has been a time of letting go and letting God - allowing. A friend asked about my prayer to find a brother or someone to accompany me on this journey . . . . . nada . . . . and God continues to be my companion and guide. It's ok. I am convinced that fear is not from God and walking alone is never really walking alone. God's presence in all this has continued to be the greatest gift. That, along with the kindness of my friends and co-workers (which is actually God's presence too!)