Saturday, March 10, 2007

Pin cushion

I had a great week at work. Great people and lots of energy. Someone from the parish, not a parent, stopped me to let me know they wanted to financially support me . . . just let her know where I am going to work. It is amazing sometimes, the generosity of people. I also got shots for Hepatitis A and B, Tetanus, Polio and Typhoid. I get a Yellow Fever shot on Monday, since that has the biggest possibility of some reaction. I wanted to make sure that I got all the shots I would need in case I get the opportunity of going to Kibera slums. I don't want to have to decline because I didn't have all the necessary shots.

I spent time with mom this weekend. She is doing well and excited to tell people about my journey. She is also relieved that, if I am able to go to Nyumbani, it will be for series of shorter time periods, not three years! We looked at some pictures and video clips online using my laptop at Panera! The garage is almost cleaned out so I will feel better about contacting a realtor to get the condo sold. More soon . . . .

Franciscans International in Geneva emailed me with phone numbers of a contact in Johannesburg South Africa. This is the place I was originally considering but lost touch and discovered Nyumbani in Nairobi.

I am grateful for some quiet prayer time at school each morning. I long for some time to sit, be, allow. It's great!