Saturday, June 28, 2008

In Nairobi




Made it to Nairobi on the 26th. Had a great flight on BA and got into town about 9:00 PM. All worked out for a ride from the airport to the Children's Home in Karen. I have been relaxing, getting a phone set up, playing with kids, etc. I plan to go to the Village on Monday morning if all works out for transport. I met with my friend Pascal here at the orphanage, visited with Sr. Mary and saw Nicholas (the manager of the Village.) It was great to see them. We had a visitor to the Children's Home today so I got to spend an hour or so touring around the orphanage with Teri Hatcher (Desperate Housewives, Superman, etc.) She was in Kenya with her daughter and parents. It was a surprise. So - all is well and I am so looking forward to seeing the kids in the Village! More later.