Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tuesday September 4

Hoping to fly out tonight. All looks well and I will arrive in London tomorrow morning. I'll spend the night in London and fly to Nairobi on Thursday night. It sounds like I'll get to the Village of Kitui sometime next Monday. It has been so sweet to say "goodbye" to friends and family. I know the time will go quickly and all will be well. I guess it is just the distance between us. More honestly though, it has been a time of recognition of the depth of love I have for my family and friends. It has been a time to stop and recognize how grateful I am for my mom, my daughter and two sons who have allowed me to go on this adventure. The sadness and tears that welled up in parting are more just a realization of how much I love them all as well as their love for me. It is all so good.

I drop the leased car off and Chris takes me to the airport. Then I wait and pray that I get on standby. It will work out. If not - I will try again on Wednesday! I will be able to write and update the blog in London and for a brief time in Nairobi. I am also working on a site where I can post pictures. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN SEE THEM HERE.