Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mind the Gap

I made it to London. It was a good flight. I had a little difficulty recognizing my bags and took the wrong one. It sure is difficult to return a bag back through security. But . . all is well and the guy whose bag I had will need to get over it. I am settled into a little hotel in Earls Court. Simon, the British Airways pilot, may try to catch up with me tonight. I fly out tomorrow night for Nairobi. I just keep smiling - I mean it! I just find myself smiling, sometime tearing up, sometime staring into the distance - Some of it is fatigue. Some is time change and lag but mostly, I am just loving this whole trip.

Thanks to all - my mom, kids, Chris for the ride, Mark for the ticket, teachers and staff, parents and students - everybody. I would not be sitting in this Internet Cafe today without you. Picture me grinning. More from Kenya.