Thursday, April 5, 2007

Looking Back - Day 1

From Monday March 26, 2007

To London - I can’t believe the ease with which this trip has come together. It was an expensive trip but fortunately, due to some good friends, I was moved to Business Class, which means I can sleep on the way to London.

I have few expectations, I hope to only find love and to see Jesus in the faces of those I meet. I want to know God in a meaningful way. I do hope to get into Kibera Slums and to get a taste of the daily operations of Nyumbani and the children in the home.

I have a cracked tooth that bothers me. I called my Dr. to prescribe some Penicillin for it, just in case it goes bad on the trip. That, along with Cipro should handle anything I can come up with. I need to go to the Dr. and Dentist before my insurance runs out in July.

I wrote a number of questions for Sr. Mary, the Director of the entire Nyumbani operation. I have over a dozen and am hoping for some time to just talk with her.