Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Oprah Connection (no, not her school)

Cincinnati shuts down with a dusting of snow. So you can imagine the terror 5 or 6 inches reigned down on the Greater Cincinnati area yesterday and last night. But to almost everyone's agreement, a snow day was welcomed and celebrated. It gave me the chance for some solitude, some reading and continuation of going through drawers and closets. "I don't need that. I don't need that." There was a sort of dying involved, in a weird way. Sound depressing? It isn't at all, just freeing and maybe cleansing to get rid of more junk.


The day at home also allowed me to take advantage of a three day free trial membership to xmradio so that I could hear an interview of my friend on Oprah's new radio station. My friend and teacher Richard Rohr was interviewed by Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz is a regular on Oprah's TV show as well as her radio station. Richard did great and was given a good deal of time and latitude to answer some decent questions. Dr. Oz and his wife have been followers of Richard for quite some time. It was amazing to imagine Richard being heard by commuters in NYC, on the east coast and across the nation, although his tapes and conferences are found worldwide now. The interview was aired during the coveted "drive time" 7:00 a.m. (and repeated a number of times nationally throughout the day.) I was fortunate to spend some days with Richard around New Years in New Mexico - discerning my next move.

Still no decisions on where to land next year - but should have some concrete leads in the next few days from Franciscans International. I am excited about the Franciscan possibilties as well as those here locally. We shall see.