Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Kenya is beautiful this time of year.

A Kenya visit is becoming more and more a reality. I am hoping to fly to the UK on the 26th of March, arriving in London on the 27th. Then it is on to Nairobi, getting in on the morning of the 28th. Sr. Mary Owens, Director of Nyumbani, was hoping to be able to meet with me on the 28th and it looks like it might work out. She and staff members have promised to help me discern this step and whether Nyumbani is the place for me to begin this phase of my life. The opportunity seems to be just what I wanted - to become involved in AIDS orphanage work, in close proximity to the poorest of the poor in the Nairobi slums. The commitment is in three month chunks, again a good way to see if this is where I am supposed to be. The possibilities are endless and all appealing to me. My prayer continues to be that God guides me and uses me - in whatever way might bring more fullness to the lives of those who do not know joy.

So now the work begins to make arrangements in Nairobi and get the dreaded shots. In all, God remains faithful and close to me in prayer and in the goodness of the people I work with. They have all been supportive and praying on my behalf. All I can say is "thanks."