Sunday, February 25, 2007

"If you are the son of God . . . "

So the readings at church told the story. Seems like the problem for me is always doubting the truth. "If you are the son of God . . . " then jump, or turn the rocks to bread or bow down and worship, etc. whatever. I think something is always trying to get me (us) to doubt who we are and for me, that is, to doubt my sonship or my relationship to the Father. If I am a son of God, things would be different. In a way, things are different, because of some wave of grace, I am beginning to believe "whose" I am. If it's really true, then things take on a new meaning, not just for me but for others too. For if I am God's son, Divine DNA etc. then so are the others I come in contact with each and every day. As my friend says, if we are ALL from the same source of Goodness, then it makes it more difficult to sort out the good guys from the bad guys, because the good guys are like me and the bad guys are like me, all possessing the image of God. At times I am afraid to believe it. At other times I want to risk everything in the hope (faith) that it could be true. What else could be Good News?

"If you are the Son of God. . . " He is and I am. . . . and that is changing EVERYTHING.