Thursday, January 18, 2007

I am so fortunate

I am amazed at the goodness of people. Once I tell people the desires of my heart, they have - to a person - been supportive and so happy for me. That is a great gift. They are sometimes sad that I will be leaving, sometime their children are sad (me too) yet they are so happy for me. How great is that! There have been some wonderful "by-products" coming from my decision. Some people, I've noticed, have become more tolerant, more patient and have, as I said, been so kind. They recognize how fortunate I am to have this time and this freedom. And so I continue to watch and wait. I know I have so many people praying for me, that God guides me and is close to me. WOW!

My mom is working for me. She has had some contacts with people as well and tells them what I am wanting to do. She is amazing - at 85 years old. She has more energy than I have, line dancing two days a week, working one day a week with hospital patients. Amazing.

It is difficult to explain this graced time. It has happened rarely in my life when I can get out of the way long enough to allow God to enter. It makes me want to live this way always, recognizing God's presence in me, in you. Crazy talk but it is making more and more sense to me.