Saturday, August 2, 2008

And yet another time in NRB

I came to Nairobi this morning to pick up the WorldTeach teachers. I came via Matatu and bus with my friend Pascal. Tomrrow, Sunday morning, we leave for the Village. I am sure the teachers are excited and they have no idea of the adventures that await us in Kitui!

The trip I was hoping to take to the border of Tanzania didn't work out. Maybe we can go at another time.

Jeremy Hunt, Member of Parliament in the UK came to spend the night at the Village. He and his Foundation (Hotcourses) has paid for the school at the Village. He is a good guy and I enjoyed spending the day with him and the group he brought. That is the kind of work I have been doing lately, tour guide, answer man, Guest House master! It is fun and you get to meet interesting people. I also get a lot of excercise walking people all over the Village.

I was able to use Rachel's Fathers Day present (a video cam) to tape some songs and presentations of the kids in the school. What a great performance! The videotape will come soon, maybe to YouTube. We shall see.

Enough for now.