Saturday, October 6, 2007

Nairobi for the Weekend

I have some postings on a USB drive I am hoping to load on the blog sometime in the next day or so - if all goes well and I can get access. I also hope to upload some pics.

I came to Nairobi yesterday to purchase solar panels for a library project I am working on in the Village of Kitui, about 3 and a half hours from Nairobi. I am also now the Volunteer Coordinator for the Village and am meeting three new volunteers to give them a brief orientation on the Guest House, Kamba tribe, and life in Nyumbani Village. They are from New Guinea, Australia and the US. Know that things are going well - very different with no electricity, plumbing, good water but I am thoroughly enjoying the work and the people. I hope to load part of my journal soon.

I head back to Kitui Sunday night. More to follow!