Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Leaving Nairobi

Today may be the last post for a while. In a few hours we head to Kitui so the emails and the blog may be slim. Yesterday was a wonderfully relaxed day. They all have been actually. I got to read and reflect and write. September 10th was such a meaningful day, according to the book I am reading, for the Missionaries of Charity and Mother Teresa. It was a day she received a word from God asking her to begin a "vocation within a vocation." She believed it was the beginning of the new Order and she named September 10th "Inspiration Day." It was that for me as well - 61 years later.

There is quite a crew being transported to the Village. I am concerned at the number of people and space for all my luggage! 2 Americans, 1 Chinese, 2 Italians and 3 Kenyans. I may be riding on the roof.

I will update when I can. Peace, out.