Monday, September 10, 2007

I Had A Dream

I was warned that the anti-malarial drugs can sometimes give you weird dreams, depressions, paranoia, etc. So far - the only strangeness are my dreams. Oooohhweeeee. Not exactly terrible nightmares but so interesting. Last night was earthquake dreams, the earth opening up to fire and volcanic action below. I thought "That is really interesting and hot" then I woke up. I had others over the last nights but I'll spare you. Some are pretty funny.

Mass yesterday was really wonderful. The children sang and danced even more than the last time I visited. They dance a lot throughout the mass, repetitive chants etc. Very cool. It also rained last evening which made it misty this morning.

The phone situation seems to work well with a new $30.00 cell phone. I can purchase minutes and text my children - at least from here in Nairobi. We'll see Tuesday night if it works from Kitui.

I continue to read the Mother Teresa Book (letters) about her struggle with "feeling" the presence of God. She writes of the struggle from about the time she founded the new order of Missionaries of Charity, throughout her work with the poor, until her death. The book is really touching me in a unique way. It makes her journey of faith even more impressive and her struggles so human. Yet in her struggles, she continues to work, pray, reach out and long for the presence she once felt tangibly.

I should be able to update once more before leaving for the village. It is all so good.