Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It's hot!

Things are "moving" along. Today I had my last doctor's appointment - I hoped to get prescriptions squared with the insurance company. What a joke! I got a call saying they would not approve my 30 malaria pills (take one a week). Finally they approved it but I have to pay the co-pay 8 times instead of just the one time for 30 pills. I also went to some of the stores to use up some gift cards. It was so strange to see everyone school shopping and I was buying sunscreen, hat, sandals, insect repellent!

The inspection on the houses are tomorrow. I am assuming they will go well and things will be finalized for the closing on the 27th of this month. Now it is all about getting the furniture etc. moved out to friends and relatives. I hope to spend my last week in the country at my mom's. The cell phone goes off on the 13th - just so ya know.

I am also looking forward to getting some relief from the heat! Nairobi temps have been around 70 degrees in the day and 50 at night. Nairobi is a higher altitude. I know it will be hotter in the village in the months to come. This heat and lack of rain is good practice!

Sr. Mary, the Director of Nyumbani, wrote to congratulate me on the sale of the house. She will be traveling in various countries fundraising when I arrive. She will spend a couple months away, ending up in Washington D.C.

More to come.