Friday, September 26, 2008

Thanks for Contributing

Thanks to all who contributed to the Masai Women's Empowerment Prject. As you know, the project has been temporarily suspended while there is a tragic food shortage at the site. Becasue of your donation, Mwololo and I purchased maize flour, dried milk, uji (porridge) and rice for the Masai. Mwololo goes again to the largest section on Saturday, with your funds to purchase more. I'll try to put some pics online when I get a chance. The money comes at such a crucial time and I was so happy to be able to purchase the food, hand it out and visit with the women and children first hand. We believe we will have to support these women and children through December, until the rains come. Once the rains are here, the cows will drink, eat and give milk. I saw two cows dead, some with broken legs. There continues to be sicknesses from bad water ad poisoned meat.

I head to Uganda this evening. We will travel by bus overnite to Kampala and purhaps cross over into Rwanda. We shall see. I should be safe and sound back in the village by Tuesday at the latest. I haven't ventured far from Kenya and this is just a little exploration outside its borders. More soon. Thanks again for sending the aid for the Masai. www.mwep.blogspot.com