Monday, November 5, 2007

LEAVING (Las Vegas) NAIROBI

Click all pics to enlarge.

Here pictured below is my little home away from home in the Village of Kitui. Ignore the dirty laundry drying above my rack. The mosquito net protects me from malaria, but better yet, keeps other creepy crawlers from my blankets. I have a little tupperware thing that holds my cell phone, my glasses, my flashlight at night. I get secured in for the night and have everything I need - everything but a glass of merlot and a slice of pizza! The bed is actually three bunks high but the top bunk is almost against the tin roof and one would roast up there. For now - I have my own room!



Things are set to go at 8:00 a.m. A driver and truck should be here - so this may be the last entry for a while. Yesterday was another great day. We traveled to YaYa to meet with an administrator from VSO (Volunteer Service Overseas). This organization was instrumental in moving the whole area of Youth Polytechnics. They were very helpful in giving us further contacts and written publications. We also met earlier in the day with a man who has done research and development on Micro-credits (giving small loans to businesses and start-ups. All is necessary for the Village on the path to full sustainability. The rest of the day and evening was spent emailing, making contacts, packing. So - until mid December sometime - this is probably adios, ciao, endinosayo, peace-out!