Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Evening

Had a great Sunday. Met Pascal, the tech guy from the Children's Home here in Nairobi. We took a Matatu (crowded van!) to downtown and purchased a printer for the library and some computer supplies. We also spent about an hour and a half uploading nearly 100 pics of the Village to my Flickr site - see below or to the right for address. Pascal took me to a traditional African restaurant for lunch - very good. Then it was back on a bus for the trip back home to the Children's Home in Karen.

I also got my hair cut at the BP station! 200 Shillings (less than $3.00) for a smart looking haircut. The barber was Kamba so I got to use my Kamba Language on him. Very cool.

Tomorrow - more relaxing and checking things off my list. I want to check out a Safari for my next break in a couple months. I also want to try to hook up a Blackberry that was given to me. I may be able to email from the village via cell signal. We shall see and it depends on the price. I will also look to update the blog with more journal entries. G'Night!