Friday, August 17, 2007

Almost Two Weeks

I received a kind email from Jim and Jean Hunt, a couple who just returned to the UK from the Nyumbani Village. They offered their assistance with any questions and concerns I have as I pack up for Kenya. I sent a list of questions and can't wait for their response. They sound like fine people and they thoroughly enjoyed their time in the Village working with the school.

Here is an interesting article on Pollution Solutions in Kibera

I also made contact with a couple other folks in the UK - Jeremy Hunt MP - Member of Parliament and initiator of funding for the school in the Village via Hotcourses Foundation. I also got to hear from my British Airways pilot, who I met on my first trip. I hope to see both these English guys when they come on one of their visits to Nyumbani.