Wednesday, August 1, 2007

34 Days

OK, got checked out at the dermatologist, got malaria pills to try out, got a tooth pulled (ouch), got health insurance, extended car lease until the beginning of September. I head to Dr. for final checkup on Thursday. I have my plane tickets etc. so I think I am set for September 4th departure. Still need to sell the condo. Tell your friends - Jane Aschraft-West with REMAX. There are some nibbles and the price is right so I am confident that it will eventually find a buyer.

I have laid around now for about a day and a half due to the tooth issue. Relaxing is getting old but the pain is getting better. I'll try to walk in the heat a bit today - gearing up for Kenya. I have also received some great cards and letters from friends and well-wishers. Eventually I will switch my mailing address to my mom or my daughter and the cell phone goes off in a couple of weeks. The Nyumbani address can be found HERE.

Nyumbani asks: ** Please do not send large parcels to Nyumbani through the post office. The Customs duties are cost prohibitive. Please send an email to info@nyumbani.org for more details on shipping to Nyumbani.

I will not be able to receive mail at the Village in Kitui but may be able to get cards, letters etc. sent to Nyumbani when I come back to the Children's Home in Nairobi to visit.

Donations are still needed and can still be made through IHM School. The school will forward them on to my daughter and then on to me. Thanks! More later.

INTERESTING ARTICLE on FARMING IN KENYA