Tuesday, March 3, 2009

London

I always enjoy London. It has been my initial destination whenever I would travel to Europe. I always felt comfortable in London and traveling around the city. There is a feeling of intensity, similar to what I have recently found in NYC. It is busy, often cold and rainy but has an excitement of a major city. There is also the reminder of security issues. Even this morning, after an attack on a sports team in another part of the world, the city of London has increased security. You can feel it on the Underground. More police, more dogs, more announcements. Today I am free to travel around London and spend time relaxing and looking at stuff, probably museums, the river, the regular tourist sites. The weather is cool but not as frigid as New York a few days ago. There are signs of another big movie premier tonight. Last night Jennifer Aniston was here for a big movie premier. Interesting, pop culture versus heading for the Masai village! Two worlds - two planets.

I found an article in the Saturday NY Times about recurring violence in Kenya. Check out this link if you can. LINK HERE

Everything else goes well. I leave tomorrow morning and get to Nairobi about 10pm on the 4th of March. Then the adventure begins anew. I get that excitement back when I get close to returning to Kenya. It is difficult to explain but I am happy, smiling, confident and grateful for this experuience. There is no fear, no anxiety (now that someone is picking me at the airport!) It will all be fine and I am hoping we can do some good work for the Masai women and children. www.mwep.blogspot.com